Sonntag, 17. Oktober 2010

Trail Ride

...but the morning was cold! I thought I will freeze to death. Do you know how warm my sleeping bag was? Does someone know how cold it was outside? I had to change my clothes outside. We hadn't a shower there but a little bit water and a washcloth. That was a really interesting experience. It was great and weird. It's hard to describe. I mean it is fun to do that for one weekend but I don't want to miss showers.
After I had changed my clothes we went to the 'chuck wagon' for breakfast. There were tortilla bread, sausages, potatoes and some chili. I didn't try the chili but all these other good stuff. It was a great breakfast.

We saddled the horses after breakfast and rode out for the 6-8 hour trail ride. I think we started at 10am. It was amazing, awesome, gorgeous! It was wow! It was fun, it was a great experience. Something new and some moments were freedom. The trail ride was about trust, communication with your horse and friendship. It is so hard to describe and so easy at once.
I took more than 100pictures. Kimmey did great and we rode the hill up and down, through the water, over rocks, through the Forrest and over a natural grass field. We walked, trotted and loped. We trusted each other and honestly there were some situations I was not sure how we can deal with them but when I looked back there were never some problems for us just challenges.

There were some moments she agve me a hard time. Coming up with her front legs or spinning arround when I tried to make some photos of Daniel. Daniel and his friend, I forgot the name, wanted some pictures and I liked to photograph them. I took some really good pictures of the environment. The landscape was awesome. So different from Germany but also different from all these country movies. The things I love are the little rivers and the white sand or stones on the side. That is just beautiful and absolutely terrific to ride trough the water.

I lost my straw hat three times. A girl gave it back to me two times and the third time I lost my hat on an hill. I couldn't stop. So I left my head behind me. I was a little bit sad but still hoping someone will be so nice and pick my hat up and... someone did! Some people are so, so, so nice and I was really happy. Finally I searched for a band to put on my hat. This thing is just to loose. I found a bond and I didn't lost my hat again.
After two hours we stopped for lunch. We had to wait for it and a lot of people took their chance to talk to me. They asked about Germany, how I like Texas, what is different, if I miss my family and all this stuff. Another popular question was where I learned to ride and how long and all this stuff. I can explain as long as I want that I'm a reining rider and some people are still trying to talk about English with me. Some don't get the difference but their were some like Daniel and his friend who got this little detail. I don't know why but I like them. They're really nice and had a great personality. I liked the whole appearance of Daniels friend.

They brought us hot dogs, chips and crispy rice for lunch. It was good but I was starving. We rode back for two more hours. I took a lot more pictures, talked to people and raced over the field with Kimmey. This horse really needs to learn what stop or whoa means. George and Danny, two boys from my school, were riding the wrong way just to race and I followed them because I thought there were the group. I almost crashed into George and his horse.
Yeah I know 2 hours + 2 hours are 4 and not 6-8 hours. We followed the wrong group and got back earlier. We decided that we don't want to ride out again on this day. Our horses did fine. Chance feed were better and we have to ride a playday next week. Reasons enough for Sharon to stay. I felt a little bit sorry. I wanted to go again but I could understand her point.

There were some people who rode out again. They rode to the creek and trough the creek. I can just imagine how much fun that was but we had fun, too.
Our church group leaders were their and had some games for us. Okay more for the kids but Adrian and I played with them. Wheelbarrow Barrel race and toe-jumping and all this stuff. We had some really funny games. One game you must get off a pair of gloves and a hat. I had a Texas Longhorn Christmas hat. I loved it and the boy who owned this Christmas hat gave it to me. That was so nice! I wore it a long time and at night. It kept my ears warm.

In the evening we ate supper. Beans, pork, bread, tortilla and a lot of other things to choose from. We had a lot of desserts. Two whole tables full. After supper they sold some stuff. We have had a auction and than a country band, who played for all the people.
That was a great day and I had a lot of fun. The time in the tent was great. Adrian, Sharon and me made some jokes. We had a lot to laugh and beside all my memories about camping and my friends in Germany I felt good. It was like a little piece family.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen