Freitag, 24. Dezember 2010

Christmas Eve :)

Hey,


first of all. MERRY CHRISTMAS GERMANY!
Kim, Chris and some other people texted me. Seth wrote a text message with perfect German Christmas greeting. There wasn't one little spelling mistake. That was really cute! I'm missing y'all so much. Today, my thoughts are in Germany. Celebrating Christmas in my mind. I can't be with y'all, but I made German sugar cookies or better called Plätzchen. I will eat them for y'all. Isn't that a good deal?
I spend the day in the kitchen after I ran in the morning. Sharon made the icing on the cake. Sharon made the candy canes on the cake, she put the snowmen Adrian and I made on the cake. Sharon made the flowers on the cake, and Sharon put powder sugar as snow on the cake. I watched her.
[Our chocolate snowmen candyland cake. Made of sugar, sugar and sugar!]

She made the sugar cookie dough, but I made all the other stuff. Outdo the figures, and decorate them. I forgot to take pictures, but I like a lot of my decoration stuff. I did very well. We have a lot of sheep and bunny cookies. And yeah both have something to do with christmas. Shepherds and sheeps visited baby Jesus, and there are snow bunnies on this world! :)
Adrian and I started playing horse Monopoly at 4pm. It looked really bad for me after two hours. Finally, I won the game. It took us four full hours to bring it to an end. I'm happy that I won. It looked so, so bad for me. I was living from mortages.
I went to the office to make Sam's Christmas present. I forgot about it doing all the baking stuff. Adrian decorated Gingerbread men. Sharon made the dough. The men look really cute, and Adrian did some funny things. He wrote „Smile, you are eating the last one“ on one gingerbread men. Like it! :)
I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. I got all presents for my host family. The dinner tomorrow will be great, and honestly I'm excited about my presents.
Of couse I want to spend Christmas with my real family, but on the other hand. I'm spending christmas with my family. It's good to have them. They take care of me. I'm glad I can experience Christmas with my host family.


Sonja


I don't want to interrupt the happy Christmas atmosphere, but we got the message that Johnny Bob died. He passed away surrounded by his family. He fought a good fight, but finally he lost. I feel so sorry for his family. Something like that shouldn't happen on Christmas Eve. I remeber when I talked to him about the patches on the trail ride. It seems like yesterday.
If you read that and you believe. I ask you to keep him and his family in your prayers. I havn't known him very long, but he was a good man and had so much joy to live. RIP Johnny Bob. We will miss you.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen