Samstag, 6. November 2010

Indian PowWow

Hey,

I woke up a little bit later, Anny and Kim came in the morning and we picked Lena up. We all drove with Sharon and Adrian to an Indian PowWow. We ate breakfast at McDonalds. It wasn't the best breakfast but I needed a hot chocolate from McDonalds. I missed hot chocolate so bad. We drove a few times the wrong way but finally we arrived at the PowWow.

I'm impressed. I'm really impressed about the indian culture. Native Americans are really really polite and respectful people. Their deep respect for animals, or the nature in general is just amazing. How they believe and how they dance. A PowWow is a competition for native american tribes. They dance 'against' and with each other. You can hear drums, indian flutes and the bells on the costumes. The costumes are so beautiful. It's just fastzinating to see them. The only thing that confused me were all the diffrent and really neon colored costums. I mean it's for sure that life is going on and we aren't living in the past but it didn't look like typical Native American dresses. I liked their dances and all the outside tents. They sold a lot of indian stuff. From dolls, T-Shirts and dream catcher to jewelry and knifes.

They had a lot of pretty and really expensive things. On the other side were all the food things. They had Buffaloe burger, Turkey legs, corn and bread. I didn't tried the buffaloe burger. It was too expensive. We all bought something and shared with each other. We ate a turkey leg and the indian bread. It was good but something you don't want to eat every day. It should be somemthing special.
We met a woman. She was really good with drawing and she could see animals around you. The animals, which discribe your charakter. Anny, Kim, Lena and I asked her for a picture and she drew us a picture with our animals and discribed the animals and their segnificances to us. It was amazing. I didn't tell her anything about me and she said a lot of true things. Yeah I know could be imagination, but it could be true, couldn't it? ;)

My animals are really special for me. I got an owl, a raven, a fox and a horse. Yeah she saw a horse around me.
The owl is standing for wisdom, and knowing when someone is lying to me.
The raven walks between the worlds and stands for magic.
The horse stands for feminine leadership. strenght and for a reliable personality.
My fox is hiding behind the horse. He stands for itensity.

It was really interesting to talk to her. She says she sees the totem animals every time. It can be horrible when she's in a HEB market. The animals only represent good things. I'm amazed about that.
We took some pictures with indian elders but we didn't dance with them. Mhm! On the way home Sharon took us for a short Austin downtown sightseeing tour. We saw the university and the state capitol. Hat was great!

It was a great and really emotional day for all of us. I'm glad for this wonderful experience and all the knew things I learned.

Love ya'll

Sunny

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen