Samstag, 15. Januar 2011

Visiting Austin!

Huuh,


I had a wonderful day. I mean this day was awesome. I woke up early. I mean the time I wake up when I have to go to school. I was so tired. We drove to Austin and had breakfast at McDonalds'. We got free oatmeal, but it isn't that good. I prefer regular oatmeal. I just don't like it with flavor.
We met the other exchange students and went into the museum to see a movie about Texas. I met Lisa! Lisa Tandek! I linked her blogg, and I'm so glad we met each other. She screamed when she saw me and gave me a huge, long hug. This girl is awesome! :D
[The Texas State Capitol]
The movie was great! I mean a lot of horses, cowboys in this awesome wrangler jeans. Omg I love those jeans and the commercial for them! Oh, anyway, the movie was really good. They showed all the diffrent types of landscape, people and had a lot of information in this movie. That was a really good choice to watch. I'm glad I wore my letter jacket. It rained the whole day, and the jacket is pretty warm. I love this jacket!
[ T E X A S! Texas Pride x3]
After the movie we went to the museum. We weren't allowed to take pictures. We took some on the end. The museum was cool. A lot of interactive things. It was good structured. The only big minus for the museum is, that we couldn't eat in there. Someone reserved the whole café for the whole day. We had to go somewhere else. I ate a salad for lunch. 
[Inside the Capitol, looking 'up']
 
We went to the capitol of Texas. Do you know that the capitol in exas is bigger than the capitol in Washington D.C? Do you know that Texas is the only state that can have the state flag as high as the American flag? That's because Texas were a Republic. Yeah I payed attention today, but Sam explained the second question to me two weeks ago. The capitol is just amazing and we had a great time. We took nice pictures in the capitol. Laying on the ground or on the stairs. I mean that are really good pictures. 
[Keep Austin weird! Laying on the ground in the State Capitol!]
 
We drove to the LBJ library. The LBJ stands for President Lyndon Baines Johnson he became President after Kennedys assassination. It was a good museum. All the Presidents, and First Ladies listed. I liked to learn a bit about the First Ladies. It was a sad, but really interesting time periode back in the 1960's. 
[Adrian and I in front of Lyndon B. Johnsons limousine]

[Hook 'em! The UT stadion in the back!]

The library was in front of one of the UT [University of Texas] stadiums. We jumped on a wall and took a picture. It was rainy. I'm glad noone felt back.
We left the library and some exchange students had to go home. We went to an All-You-Can-Eat American restaurant. It was okay. Some things were really good and others not so.
On our way back Sharon, Adrian and I drove to walmart and bought some gummi boots. Now we can walk out in the mood! Thanks Sharon! :D The other boots I had were to big and mine were to expensive to mess them up. I mean they are messed up... I could cry, but I want to keep my boots.
[Wanna have this Longhorn so bad! Didn't have 10bucks =( Isn't it cuuuuute?!]

The day was just great and Im glad that I saw the cultural parts of Austin. I would love to see more of Texas or go to Austin downtown or shopping in Austin. It's just not that easy. Huuh, I have to live with that. I'm glad for this day. I had so much time and got a lot of great pictures. Some of the other exchange students already uploaded some pictures on facebook. I'm glad we followed Austins slogan: "Keep Austin weird!" We did a great job! :)



Sonja

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen