Samstag, 5. Februar 2011

Horse Auction!

Hey,


unfortunately the snow is gone, but that was really good for our daily plans. We wanted to drive to the horse auction and it got warmer. We drove almost 1 ½ hour to Forth Worth. I saw the Lyndon B. Johnson river. Beautiful! It is a little bit sad that I have to see all the beautiful things out off the window. That gives me only a few seconds to look at most things. I read most of the time in the car. My book is just too exciting.
It was a nice drive to the auction. I read, we stopped in a small town and that remindet me on the scary movies. It was kinda funny to go in this old gas station, just that they tell us the rest rooms are out of order. Scary! ;)
We arrived at the auction center and met Ducky, his wife, and Larry. We walked around and looked at all the horses. We saw some really pretty ones, but really 'mean' ones, some bad looking, but really sweet ones, some bad looking and mean ones, and a couple good looking, nice horses. Sharon and Larry did a great job explaining what you have to look for if you wanna bet on an auction for a horse. I learned a lot, and I'm really happy we made the trip.
We went for breakfast in a little diner next to the auction hall. It was a small, but really neat restaurant with the best breakfast taccos I ever ate. They were really good. So I ate a Breakfast Tacco and we went back to the hall. The auction already started.
They sold braddles, halters, ropes, gloves, saddles, and, and, and. Some things were soooo cheap! I mean a brand new 16inch leather saddle for 250$, showing stirrups with beautiful innitials for 35$, or braddles you pay normally 145$ for 60-80$. I wanted to buy a lot of stuff. There were so many cheap, amazing and neat things. I really had to hold myself back. I finally got a present for Marius and a one ear (Shame on me!) braddle. I just loved this simple, red colored braddle with the lone star. I got it for a good price. Not a perfect one, but defenetly good.
They spend the whole afternoon selling the horse supplies and just 2 hours to sell the horses. It was fun to watch and interesting. The only thing that I didn't like was the dust.
I had a main headache on the drive back. I think I had fever. Sharon felt my forehead and it was hot. I walked around and ended up grooming my little buddie Shiner. It calmed me down and I finally went in to eat the chicken Sharon bought. Why is unhealthy stuff so delicious? :(
Shelly, Anny's host mom, picked me up. We drove to their house and had a lot of fun to bake a birthday buttercake (Butterkuchen) for Anny's host sisters. We talked until late night. I had an awesome day and the perfect thing to round everything up.


Sonja

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen